Buying a Home in Northern Virginia
The home buying process isn't one-size fits all. And we take each of our individual clients' needs to heart. The Reeder Team takes an individualized approach to every buying experience, whether you’re buying your first home, your forever home or something in between. Buying a home in Northern Virginia will vary greatly depending on your needs and we strive to meet those needs and exceed your expectations.
We're committed to providing you with the highest quality buyer service; that means our team is available to you seven days a week. You deserve to have the latest market information and the very best advice, both of which we can provide you throughout the following process:
1. Talk to a trusted lender to find a loan that fits your needs and get pre-approved for a mortgage. If you do not have a local lender, we are happy to help connect you to a reliable expert in the lending field.
2. Start your home search. Make a list of must have items and want-to-have items in your new home. Try to prioritize them by order of importance. Narrow down to a neighborhood that fits your lifestyle. Start touring homes.
3. Negotiate the purchase of your new home to get the best contract terms and price and the right timing for you.
4. Navigate home inspection and contingency period. Hire a home inspector and negotiate any home inspection items with the seller. Work closely with the lender to finalize loan and track appraisal process.
5. Coordinate the final paperwork and move details before settlement. The title company will arrange with all parties to make sure the documents are all squared away and the deed is prepared. You will also want to make final arrangements for packing and movers.
6. Final walk through of your new home and attend settlement. At closing you will sign all paperwork to finalize the sale, including loan documents.
7. Move in to your new home! Our team will follow up with you once you're settled to help connect you with any trusted professionals you may need while settling into your new home.
We want to be the trusted experts for all your real estate needs now and in the future!